If there are two vegetables I can depend on in my blistering southern summers, it’s peppers and okra. And that’s a good thing. With a great harvest, I can freeze peppers to last us all year long (with only a handful of plants), and okra is so prolific we eat it at least weekly during the harvest season.
In today’s episode of the Beginner’s Garden Podcast, I’m going to walk you through the basics of each one:
- when to plant
- whether to plant from seed or with transplants
- my #1 tip if you’re planting pepper seeds indoors
- why even buying $3 pepper transplants at the garden center is worth it
- how many plants do you need?
- when to harvest & how to harvest and not damage the plant
- the key to growing okra (and you either have it or you don’t)
If you are growing or considering adding peppers or okra to your garden space, don’t miss today’s episode. Click below to listen:
(Some links below are affiliate links.)
Do you get overwhelmed with garden planning?
Subscribe here for my best tips to plan your garden in just 7 days -- all for FREE.
Plus, I'll send you my "In the Garden E-mail" on Fridays, periodic updates on garden resources relevant to you, and you'll receive access to my entire bank of free garden downloads!