Nothing makes me happier than scrolling through my Facebook feed and seeing my friends’ gardens. But one friend’s garden has a special place in my heart. Whitney Cromley and I grew up in the same church, but we didn’t connect again until years later on Facebook.
She began following along in my garden journey, and when she moved to a house with three raised beds, she began her own garden.
Only in her third year, I knew Whitney would provide a wealth of advice for fellow beginning gardeners. Sometimes the best people to learn from are those who aren’t too far ahead of us in the journey. In this interview with Whitney, you’ll find out:
- what she grows in her Missouri garden
- what she doesn’t grow (you’ll be surprised!)
- her biggest gardening challenge
- her biggest success
- her interesting answer to my question, “Have you ever been tempted to give up?”
- her advice for a beginning gardener (this is fabulous advice!)
- one benefit of gardening we gardeners don’t talk about enough
I just know you’ll enjoy hearing from Whitney, from one beginning gardener to another. Click below to listen:
Are you a beginning gardener?
Subscribe to Journey with Jill in the Garden for my best tips to plan your garden! Plus I'll send you my printable Monthly Task Organizer, Vegetable & Fruit Planner, and Garden Fresh Recipes cookbook for free.