If there are two vegetables I can depend on in my blistering southern summers, it’s peppers and okra. And that’s a good thing. With a great harvest, I can freeze peppers to last us all year long (with only a handful of plants), and okra is so prolific we eat it at least weekly during the harvest season.
In today’s episode of the Beginner’s Garden Podcast, I’m going to walk you through the basics of each one:
- when to plant
- whether to plant from seed or with transplants
- my #1 tip if you’re planting pepper seeds indoors
- why even buying $3 pepper transplants at the garden center is worth it
- how many plants do you need?
- when to harvest & how to harvest and not damage the plant
- the key to growing okra (and you either have it or you don’t)
If you are growing or considering adding peppers or okra to your garden space, don’t miss today’s episode. Click below to listen:
(Some links below are affiliate links.)
Are you a beginning gardener?
Sign up for my weekly garden email
and learn tips to grow your best garden!
Skip the beginning gardening mistakes I made. I'll send you tips, instructions, garden resources, how-to videos, and more each Friday.
Plus, with your subscription, you can immediately access my free resources such as a Monthly Garden Task Organizer, Vegetable & Fruit Planning Pages, and my Garden Fresh Recipes cookbook!